7 Reasons Why Cyber Monday Is Better Than Black Friday
With another Cyber Monday upon us, the debate continues as to whether the live retail experience is better or yields deeper savings than its online counterpart. In a recent survey of 100 online moms, we found that comfort and speed are just two of the reasons for choosing cyber stores over the local mall. Here are all the arguments in favor of the online experience:
1. Comfort – You can’t beat the ease with which you can simply go from place to place online – with no need to find a new parking spot!
2. Speed – Traditionalists will argue that the Bottega Veneta handbag you’re thinking about buying for your BFF is best purchased after you touch it. But I say imagine the sweet scent of soft Italian leather without the crowds and just click ‘Buy’!
3. Lines – I don’t know anyone who likes standing in line and, unfortunately, that is an unavoidable part of the live retail environment at this time of year. If you’re not there for the networking opportunities, online will save you the trouble!
4. Avoid the riff raff – Talking of crowds, online shopping means you don’t have to deal with those people. You know the ones I mean – shoppers who touch everything, unfold everything, smell everything, and then leave it all crumpled and dirty. When you shop online you get everything straight out of the box – brand new and untouched.
5. Savings – It’s now easier than ever to save online. Once you find what you’re looking for, step two is to look for a discount or coupon. Try asking for a discount next time you reach the check out at Bloomingdales!
6. Stress – I don’t know about you, but after driving to the mall, parking, battling the crowds, getting elbowed in the ribs, standing in line, and paying more than I should, I just want to get the heck out of there. Stress is the no. 1 reason to avoid the live shopping experience!
7. Shopping in the raw – If you shop online, you don’t even have to get dressed. (I am not taking questions nor will I post any pictures!) Even if you’re not doing it in the raw, just kick back, relax, and enjoy the online shopping experience!